Message #774

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] If you thought Levi was insane …
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 20:58:30 -0800

Well done, Matt!!

Thanks for the great story. Length is not a problem as it’s easy enough
for anyone to delete messages they’re not interested in. Besides,
something tells me that nobody deleted yours before reading it in it’s
entirety. Most of us know that we’re never going to tackle a puzzle that
challenging, but we can all appreciate what it requires, and so it’s
great to be able to live it through you in a tiny way. Thank you for
sharing the story.

I found it interesting to hear you switch from talking about the 7^5 to
the 2^4. Their scales are so extremely different that I can only imagine
that at this point the 2^4 must look like a toy. I half expect you to be
able to simply look at a scrambled 2^4 and to *see* the shortest path to
its solution!

I hope that you will enjoy solving some of the beautiful new puzzles
that Don has given us. I hope to see your name all over the records
page. In fact I’m going to propose that we create one special
meta-record for the person who currently holds the most records! Right
now that prize goes to Remi. Let’s see how long he can hold it! :-)

Congratulations again on your amazing accomplishment, Matt. I don’t know
if I’m more impressed or horrified that someone would actually do this,
but I think I’ll just sit quietly in amazement and enjoy the fact that
this shining peak has been summited.

-Melinda