Message #771

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Are we ready to publicly release version 4.0?
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 14:30:27 -0800

Dear Cubists,

There’s been good uptake of the beta 4 build and so far no new bug
reports. So what do you think? Are we ready to release this to the
world? If you know of any unreported bugs, please, please, /please /file
a bug report <http://code.google.com/p/magiccube4d/issues/list> ASAP.
Otherwise we’ll likely release this in 48 hours or so. If you don’t know
of any new problems but haven’t spent much time using the latest beta,
we’d really appreciate it if you would test it now to help assure that
we’re not going to completely embarrass ourselves for some segment of
potential users. If you’re not sure whether something you’re seeing is a
bug or not, then please just write to this list and ask what others
think. Even if something is not a bug, we don’t want designs that make
people wonder whether it might be.

Lastly, I want to give my very deep thanks for all the testing you guys
have already done; especially to the brave few of you who have invested
many long hours working on solutions to unsolved puzzles using untested
software. Usability is just as important as stability, and testing of
full solutions is the acid test. And just to be clear: You do not need
to attempt a full solution for your testing to be completely valuable,
regardless of whether you found any bugs. Just please let us know if you
do, OK? :-)