Message #775

From: "thesamer@interia.pl" <thesamer@interia.pl>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] If you thought Levi was insane …
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 13:32:12 +0100

Hello,

Matthew:

we are not insane but if one plays with puzzles having way more
configurations that atoms in the Universe (10^80) is not normal either.
:-) Something terribly went wrong with evolution if people can do that
(remembering that it was all about survival in 3D bushes :)

Result under 300 000 on such monster is truly unquestionably amazingly
efficient! Huge congratulations and respect, Matthew! Coming from
highlands of 5D surely will give you huge boost in 4D. I remember
looking on 2^4 after solving 5^4 and it seemed, as Melinda mentioned,
that I could solve this with my eyes closed. New program offers new
spectrum of moves on 2^4 so good luck with new record. I think it is now
possible to get sub60 twists (or even 50 twists if one is lucky). But I
really recommend new puzzles: 4D pyramid, prisms, ect. There is still
plenty records to gain for everybody :-)

Klauss:

Roice, I always wonder why you won’t try 2^4 and other shortest
(especially now when there is plenty "smaller" puzzles)? :-)

Best,
Remi

matthewsheerin pisze:

> Hey guys,
> If you thought Levi was insane solving the 6^5, I wonder what you will
> think of me having just finished the 7^5. That’s right, for some
> reason I started it near the end of May this year, and finished
> yesterday yesterday on Friday 13th. I think Levi certainly wins on
> speed, maybe partially because I never managed to average even close
> to 6 hours a day, but I took 293280 twists as opposed to his >1.9
> million. And luckily I’m not superstitious or I would have had to have
> waited another day to finish it! So at last, the highest peak has been
> conquered.
>
> In his reply to my log file, Roice asked about my mood throughout the
> solve. Upon scrambling my first impression was, understandably, fear.
> Several times during the solve when I was faced with a new section of
> randomly distributed blobs across the screen the view was terrifying.
> Sometimes it just became a little tedious (13672 moveable pieces can
> have that effect). But now and then it was rather fun and interesting
> when I had to think myself out of a new and mind-bending predicament.
> I had a bit of a scare near the end of solving the 3C pieces, when I
> seemed to have 1 piece left which had 2 stickers swapped, which I
> didn’t think could be solved on its own. Thankfully I managed to find
> another of the same type of piece which wasn’t solved correctly
> earlier in the step and I could solve both simultaneously.
>
> He also asked how the program might be changed to help with the solve.
> I have to say that, for the most part, I found the software to be
> really useful, but there are a few things which were troublesome. One
> of the main problems was with the piece finding capability. While it
> is staggeringly useful for solving, it distinguishes pieces only by
> colour, and no further distinction is made between various types of
> pieces with the same colour combination. This isn’t a problem with the
> 3^5 as every piece has a unique combination, but where the larger
> cubes are concerned it can make things a little difficult. For the 1C
> pieces (maybe I should mention that my method was reduction, unlike
> Levi using cage), I could work around this problem. I used the
> capability to choose face colours to make the face I was working on
> yellow, solved faces white, and everything else grey, combined with
> only showing 1C pieces. Rather than having a mass of 625 pieces strewn
> across the screen (I have an interesting screenshot of this, its
> stunning and also pretty damn scary, I can upload it if anyone is
> curious) I could only see pieces I needed in the faces i was looking
> at. However, this wouldn’t work for the other pieces, and this was
> particularly annoying for the 2C pieces due to number (250 pieces
> visible is not very useful).
>
> Another problem was (for me, I don’t know if everyone has this
> problem) a glitchy macros feature. It worked fine usually and was
> [...]

Wst±p do Klubu Gracza, wygraj telefon!
Sprawdz >>> http://link.interia.pl/f243a