Message #3508

From: dante.extremo@hotmail.com
Subject: Introduction Post
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 16:36:02 -0700

Hello,
A few days ago I solved the 3^4 Magic Cube, and so, I was asked to present myself in the forum.

Let’s cover the basics: My name is Dante, I’m 16 years old, and I’m from Argentina.

I’m still in highschool, so I have no current job. However, I am already preparing myself at a music conservatory to be a considerably good musician ten years from now. I’m studying bandoneon, which is a very rare instrument that is best taught by teachers from Argentina, since it is the heart of one of our most representatives kinds of music, the Tango. I also play the guitar, and I’ve been practising a lot with the bass guitar.

Despite my age, I am a mathematics enthusiast, not anyways as enthusiast as to be good enough to win the math olympiads, but I do manage some concepts in a different way than my partners.

I got interested in magic cubes a couple of years ago, but, since in Argentina they are not common, I couldn´t buy one until this July, that I went on holidays to the US. That’s when I started applying all the things I had learnt from TheMaoiSha, and the rubik’s cube started making sense to me. Before I had bought my cubes, I had already seen the Mathologer´s video explaining how to solve the 3^4, but I didn’t quite get it because I couldn’t genuinly understand twisty puzzles before having the first one in my hands. Once I got familiarised with the concepts that come along with these puzzles, I decided to watch the video again, I understood it and got to make in like 8000 moves or so. I’m still learning to do the redcuted Frederich’s Method, so I still have a long path to walk, but I feel confident.

I like The Beatles, Chocolate, and camping.
I think that pretty much sums up my life.