Message #3502

From: llamaonacid@gmail.com
Subject: n-torus
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 20:20:03 -0700

Has anyone seen a physical torus puzzle? I would like to see one in 3D and higher dimensions. In 3D the minimum number of colors is 4 and there has to be some sticker-less surface if you wrap the stickers on the surface of the torus. In the image you can add more columns or rows if you want. The 2D stickers does not look complex (you probably just need 2 algorithms to solve) but I think adding higher dimensions would be fun. The n-torus in mind would have 6^(n-1) stickers. My question is how complex would the algorithms or commutators for the n-torus be. Also, I would like to know the number of pieces it would have and compare it to the n-dimensional Rubik’s Cube.

-Guderian or Gude for short