Message #1449

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Social dream
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:43:23 -0600

I like it :)

It would be good if we could come up with a way to specify the initial
orientation of the polytopes used to generate the axis set in a generic
manner, such that it didn’t have to be considered for each polytope. I’d
even prefer this if the chosen coordinate systems were not very natural for
some of the shapes. Like you say, difficult for human, but easy for the
program.

I also like Melinda’s suggestion to try to ensure everything is general if
possible. It feels like your thoughts extend perfectly well to 5D and other
dimensions. I’m not yet sure how to apply them to the hyperbolic puzzles of
MagicTile, but perhaps you already have thought about that and know how it
might go for MHT633?

Roice