Message #1451

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Social dream
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:31:13 -0000

Roice,
We don’t need to calculate axis set for each polytope. The list that I presented in the first message is complete for non-prismatic bodies. For prisms there will be 5 or so more axes sets, but we can include them in log structure description with the coordinate system (and axis ordering) for every set.
Initial camera position may be different for different bodies, but I think that it’ll be enough to keep camera position in the program-specific section of log (that will be read by the program that created log file and ignored by other programs).
Twist definition by two axes is good only for 4D polytopes with axes passing through the body center. For 5D and more we shold return to the restricted set of elementary twists (and I’m not sure that 3 axes will give definition of the twist - take for example 5D simplex with its 3-cycles of cells. What axis goes where?). For flats we should have separate enumeration of rotation centers (and use center instead of the first axis) - not a big deal, log structure will be almost the same, but… there is infinite number of centers and we must describe periodic pattern that gives finite centers set (and enumeration will depend on this pattern). And in hyperbolic spaces we have no vectors at all - so there will be something very different for sticker-free twist definitions.

Andrey