Message #1433

From: Eduard Baumann <baumann@mcnet.ch>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Social dream
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 01:05:04 +0100

Okay, thanks, I understand.
I will wait with tackling the 120-cell.
Ed

—– Original Message —–
From: Roice Nelson
To: 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 12:07 AM

Hi Eduard,

I’m sorry, but I do not think what you are asking for is trivial to do. The sticker numbering sequence is indeed different among the two programs. There is somewhat of a regular order in Magic120Cell (the first sticker of each cell is the center, the next 12 are the 2C pieces, then 3C follow, etc.), but this is not true in MC4D, where the stickers are created by a generic polytope slicing engine that will not produce stickers in a guaranteed, well-ordered manner. Furthermore, the cell ordering and cell orientations certainly won’t match, and this will also affect the sticker numbering sequence.

In short, I’m afraid that without some complex custom coding, it will not be possible to generate the transfer table you’d like. So my apologies, but I think you are out of luck until one of the developers has time to add a piece finding feature to MC4D.

Take Care,
Roice