Message #1429

From: Eduard <baumann@mcnet.ch>
Subject: Social dream
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 14:13:54 -0000

(a) Introduction

The marvelaous 120-Cell in 4D.

The 4D Regulars are very sympathic models of perfect democratic
societies with perfectly equal individuals. Each has an equal number of
neighbours in equal constellation. This number is 4 for the 5-Cell, 6
for the hypercube (8 individuals') and 12 for the 120-Cell (120<br> individuals’ = society).

A cluster of bees in winter has to arrange changes of roles (inner /
outer places in the cluster). Everybody wants be in the warmer inner
space. No such problems in 4D at least for 120 bees housed in the
120-Cell. Everybody is equally surrounded by 12 neighbours. Perhaps
arrange the bees in 3D in a infinite grid to avoid social problems.

Let me use the abreviations „Magic" for the program Magic120Cell
and „Hyper" for the Hypermeaminx puzzle in MC4D.

(b) Combine Magic and Hyper.

I think Magic and Hyper cannot share their log files.

Complementarity: Magic has finding help and no macro, Hyper has no
finding help but macro.

I need both!

How about a transfer program?

Roice: can you give me a table with the two corresponding labelings of
stickers in Magic and Hyper? I need also to know the signification of
the last digit of the numbers in Magic log file (2 clockwise and 4
anticlockwise for faces, what is 6 and 8?).

(c) Partial HOF

The HOF for the 120-Cell has only two entries until now. Noel Chalmers
and Matt Galla (great performer). In order to achive more participants
(about 400 as in the Al Zimmerman contests) I propose to install HOF for
partial results.

For this I need an evaluator, a program which calculates the percentage
of cubies in place and well oriented from the log file. The code must
already existe for the checking and emitting "Congratulations"
in MC4D.

With this evaluator a ranking list is possible as in the Al Zimmerman
contests (take best results of each participant).

This can be a good motivation to get in touch with the 120-Cell and live
a moment in the world of this 120 individuals (dodecahedra).

If I get the evaluator and the incoming log files

I propose to do the managing this of partial HOF in
superliminal.com/wiki (in protected pages).

Doing only the 2 colored faces in the 120-Cell is already demanding
because you have to get a good feeling of the neighbourhoods and soon to
use commutators to avoid the disturbing of already placed cubies.

If this partial HOF is working I propose to do promotion in (1)
Roice’s description of Magic120Cell, (2) Roice’s description of
MC4D, (3) Superliminal.com/wiki and (4) in the "4D cubing"
forum.

What do you think all?