Message #1381

From: Andras Ecseki <andras_ecseki@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: mc5d solved
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 01:10:23 -0800

Hi everyone!

After I have read Melinda’s enthusiasm about Matt’s and Ethan’s recent
achievement, I felt myself pushed to give another shot to the MC5D with the
experience I gained when I solved it first time. I’ve had some new ideas to
reduce the number of the required twists both on 1-2. and last layer (I’m still
using layer by layer method), but I’ve been using basically my old macros.
Well, the result talks for itself: 2262 twists (log file shows 2410, rotating
moves and the 1st 100 twist subtracted).
Although this is only my second solve, I think this is it, I couldn’t do
significantly better with this method, and with this program (plenty of twists
could be spared, if the special twists would be allowed, I’m still hoping that
Roice will implement them one day;-).

One more thing: I have a request for the group!
I’m considering to upload my solve on youtube, but I can’t find the perfect
music for it. I think the best would be some long song (like 10 min) without
lyrics and a rythm similar to the speed of the twists running.
I was thinking about stealing some soft piano music from Roice’s old blog too,
but I don’t want a lawsuit for breaking copyrights:))

I usually listen any kind of metal music, but I’m open minded for anything good.

Thanks for reading me (and as always: sry for the bad english)

Log file attached to this mail, if anyone wants to see it.

András