Message #1384

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: mc5d solved [1 Attachment]
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 13:16:28 -0800

Hello Andras, and congratulations! Hey, I just realized that we don’t
have hall-of-fame categories for anything over four dimensions. Remi?
Roice? Hint, hint.

I love it when solution methods get pushed near their limits, even
though I’ve never mastered any of them. I also love your idea of
creating a Youtube video. My guess is that layer-by-layer solutions make
for more easily understood playbacks. 10 minutes sounds rather long
though. I would suggest turning the twist speed *way* up in order to
bring the time into the 3 minute range even if that means little or no
twist animation. Roice got Noel’s 120 Cell solution video
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4bkU3nC1Jw> down to 2 minutes by only
showing one frame for every 10 twists, and it’s still impressive to
watch. I encourage you to similarly have your puzzle slowly rotating as
it runs through the solution. Maybe for this 5D solution it could slowly
rotate involving more than pure 3D rotations? That seems like it would
be fitting.

I also love your idea of adding a suitable sound track. I have no idea
what music would be best to use but a good choice will certainly add a
lot to the effect. I’m very much looking forward to seeing your video!

Great to hear from you again, Andras, and with such good news!
Congratulations again,
-Melinda