Message #1156

From: thesamer <thesamer@interia.pl>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Waiting for 1st Hyperspeedcubing Challenge
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:31:00 +0200

W dniu 2010-09-15 16:42, Roice Nelson pisze:
> Wow, you guys are all fast!
You should give a try. After 10th solve for sure you will break 25 min
:-). At least consider taking part in contest without macros someday in
the future.

> Allowing different programs is making things a little bit hard to
> compare. MC4D could be better adapted to speedsolving. In new program
> the reference sticers can’t be on one face(I think I’m using macros 70
> times during one solve, so it’s a lot of work: about 200 stickers
> clicked in a right order).
>
> Remi, the new program allows reference stickers to all be on one face,
> though it does disallow certain configurations. For example, you
> can’t pick 3 collinear reference stickers (since that doesn’t
> determine a unique puzzle orientation). Did you mean to say "the
> reference stickers can’t be on one sticker?", because that is true in
> the new version.
My standard clicks are 24,27,27
(http://www.superliminal.com/cube/solution/images/Hypercube_2.gif).
You are right! Some time ago I’ve checked few combination (the most
ergonomic ones). Unfortunately all combination I’ve check were
restricted (double clicks, linear). I didn’t know that combination
15,24,27 was ok. Thanks, but anyway now I don’t have time to translate
all macros, and get use to new reference clicks and having list of
macros on the left. I will try next time.

Is it possible to have in new version on MC4D the hotkey: Ctr+W for
reverse of the last macro? Or ‘Ctr+1’ signed to first macro on the list,
‘Ctr+2’, for the second, up to 9th macro ?

> That’s why I use old version and have 3
> reference stickers in one of the faces (less work).
>
> Did you guys practice with both versions last week? (I just wanted to
> check because the file formats are different, so it could be a problem
> this Saturday if you want to use the old program).
Let’s say it was quite limited check, but we all are aware of that
problem. I hope that Melinda will be prepared with URL like this:
http://www.ift.uni.wroc.pl/~rdurka/rubik/challenge/trash/
<http://www.ift.uni.wroc.pl/%7Erdurka/rubik/challenge/trash/> and
everything will be perfect. Directory up there is version me and Mateusz
will be using.

Remi