Message #1155

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Waiting for 1st Hyperspeedcubing Challenge
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 09:42:02 -0500

Wow, you guys are all fast!

> Allowing different programs is making things a little bit hard to
> compare. MC4D could be better adapted to speedsolving. In new program
> the reference sticers can’t be on one face(I think I’m using macros 70
> times during one solve, so it’s a lot of work: about 200 stickers
> clicked in a right order).

Remi, the new program allows reference stickers to all be on one face,
though it does disallow certain configurations. For example, you can’t pick
3 collinear reference stickers (since that doesn’t determine a unique puzzle
orientation). Did you mean to say "the reference stickers can’t be on one
sticker?", because that is true in the new version.

> That’s why I use old version and have 3
> reference stickers in one of the faces (less work).

Did you guys practice with both versions last week? (I just wanted to check
because the file formats are different, so it could be a problem this
Saturday if you want to use the old program).

Roice