Message #780

From: "thesamer@interia.pl" <thesamer@interia.pl>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] The final build?
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:46:25 +0100

Thank you Melinda for time spend on mc4D.props!

Unfortunately I’ve found a bug:

If you hold Ctr+F (full scramble) for few seconds the whole program is
blocked (java process is getting 50% on CPU and you can’t do anything)
on small and bigger cubes.

I think it’s due to not finishing scrambling process and getting command
to scramble it again.

In previous version I could get faster scrambles on small cubes -
simplex-2 (in one second I could change at least 3 scrambles so if I
push Ctr+F I saw constant change of scrambles; now it’s impossible)

(Scrambling of bigger cubes is now really faster). Solution to that
problem could be (in worst scenario) disable shortcut Ctr+F

Parameters of my laptop: Windows7Ultimate, Lenovo g530, Intel Pentium
Dual Core 2,16 GHz, new java installed

Remi

Melinda Green pisze:

> Dear Cubists,
>
> Because of the testing that you’ve done on the 4th beta build, I think
> we’re good to go. At the same time, we couldn’t resist making a couple
> of last minute improvements. Specifically, we’ve implemented the popular
> suggestion of storing the mc4d.props file in the same folder as the jar
> file (http://code.google.com/p/magiccube4d/issues/detail?id=70
> <http://code.google.com/p/magiccube4d/issues/detail?id=70>), and we
> also made puzzle resets and full scrambles faster. I’ve installed the
> new jar file in the downloads section as usual. We don’t need any
> serious testing of this build but would definitely appreciate it if some
> of you would test both the property file thing and puzzle resetting and
> scrambling. Unless anyone discovers problems with this build, I intend
> to make it the first public 4.0 tomorrow.
>
> Thanks for all of your help and suggestions!
> -Melinda

Yoskine i Anna Maria Jopek zapraszaja do konkursu
Wygraj 3 luksusowe weekendy w SPA lub 10 zestawow kosmetykow od Yoskine
Sprawdz >> http://link.interia.pl/f2438