Message #163

From: Douglas Li <d_funny007@yahoo.com>
Subject: Solved, but an issue with reverse playback…
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 20:57:32 -0700

I finished it! It took about 3 1/2 hours. The log is
attached.

But that’s the problem… I followed the instructions
on reverse playback to the letter and don’t think that
the program did it correctly. In my solving style I
tend to do a lot of backtracking. To an extreme degree
even. I hope these things are accounted for in the
coding… for instance it shouldn’t be an issue I undo
10 turns, do 4 turns and then undo 10 more, or
senerios to that effect.

I used the method where you solve the centers, then
the edges, hten the corners. In the playback this did
not appear to be the case.

Though I did have multiple instances running, lol….

Well I recall this bing an issue a while back on this
fourm, and thus I assumed it got fixed at some point.
However, it seems that there might still be lingering
issues.

Eh…, what the heck I’ll attach the log file.

-Doug Li (sitting in front of a computer 4hrs straight
without standing whatsoever…, lol)

http://auctions.yahoo.com/