Message #4091

From: Marc Ringuette <ringuette@solarmirror.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] 2x2x2x2: List of useful algorithms (please add yours)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 13:20:43 -0700

Luna,

I already tried reversing the macros I created from the recipes, on the
assumption that they were solving, rather than generating, the pictured
situation.  That’s not my issue.

I’ll have to punt on the non-working ones until someone else gets a
better success rate than I did.  Besides, I don’t yet see how to use
them myself for solving and am unsure just how incomplete the list of
cases is.

However, I’ll have a look at the "One twist" OLC algorithm that did work
for me, and see how it compares to my "Monoflip, solving In+Out faces
only" for handling the case where I’m trying to finish aligning my first
two faces.

Cheers
Marc