Message #4087

From: Marc Ringuette <ringuette@solarmirror.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] 2x2x2x2: List of useful algorithms (please add yours)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 10:15:56 -0700

Thanks, Luna!   OLC seems to mean Orient Last Corners.  That sounds
useful.  :)

I need some help, though, I can’t make them work.   Do you have a macro
file you could attach?

Trying to perform them on MC4D, I was able to make "One twist" do the
right thing, but the 7 others I tried (Arm, Half Arm, Twist a, Twist b,
Thumb a, Thumb b, Tick a) all did odd things that did not match the
photos or the desired result.   I wonder if our notations are subtly
different?   But that would make it unlikely that "One twist" would’ve
worked for me, so probably not.   Hmm.

–Marc

On 7/31/2018 9:03 AM, Luna Harran scarecrowfish@gmail.com [4D_Cubing] wrote:
> Here’s my (still massively incomplete) set of algs for 2^4 OLC.
> They’re designed for the virtual puzzle, but some can be used easily
> on the physical puzzle.
>
> http://wiki.superliminal.com/wiki/2%5E4_algs
>
> Feel free to add your own algs or cases, just try to keep to the
> system already there.
>
> ~Luna

  Or