Message #3854

From: zhulama@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Cuboid parity-esque situation on a {6}x{4} duoprism
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 21:04:10 +0000

Central face twist and a 5-cycle did the trick for two color pieces parity. (plus some fixing)

I found the problem very interesting so I’m playing with it some more and now there’s a funny 3-color parity, it’s very interesting!

I need a two-pair swap, that’s simple BUT!
One pair is on a border of two cubes and a hex-prism.
Second pair is on a border of one cube and two hex-prisms.

I made a very nice two-pair swap macro, but it swaps two pairs of the same type. To my knowledge, you can’t twist the damn thing to replace one type with the other!

How to make a two-type-two-pair swap, I do not know…
Pieces are also flipped, perhaps it’s possible to do a single pair swap-flip?