Message #3667

From: liamjwright@btinternet.com
Subject: Re: Create hypercubing subreddit?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 18:11:06 +0000

Evening,

I think that creating a subreddit could be a good idea. I feel this group is more geared towards discussion, while a subreddit would be much simpler way of sharing links and other media. Of course, how much hypercubing media there is to share on a subreddit is a different matter, but nobody says a subreddit has to overflow with content.

Reddit is also a much larger platform than yahoo groups; a subreddit potentially opens up hypercubing to a whole new audience of people who might not be so interested in a more formal group like this, but still want to discuss hypercubing.

I don’t think that interference with /r/cubers would be an issue. A simple way of combating the issue would be to simply avoid crossposting onto /r/cubers. Besides, /r/cubers is more geared towards physical puzzling anyway; content regarding MC4D, MagicTile, and other similar software/ideas doesn’t seem to do too well there.

Just some thoughts. As I say, I’m in favour, although I fear it might lack content a little.

-Liam