Message #3626

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Physical 4D puzzle achieved
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 01:10:14 -0800

Hello Joel,

That’s a great thought! Yes, the magnets allow that twist, and I had even considered that double end cap twist before prototyping, but forgot to analyze it afterwards. As you discovered, it’s definitely a valid 90 degree twist of non red-blue faces just like I asked. You are also correct that it doesn’t move red or blue stickers off that pair of faces, so it doesn’t solve the main problem but it is definitely a useful shortcut.

Thanks!
-Melinda