Message #3625

From: Joel Karlsson <joelkarlsson97@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Physical 4D puzzle achieved
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 09:16:32 +0100

Hi Melinda,

I just wanted to share a thought that I had when looking at the video. If
you were to twist the two outmost layers of 2x2 pieces so that (if the
magnets allow this) from 0:00 in your video, four of the light blue pieces
would move down to the purple face. Wouldn’t this correspond to a legal
2x2x2x2 twist? To me, it seems like that would be a 90-degree twist around
the gray face. This would not solve the problem of getting the reds and
blues to other faces and, in fact, doesn’t add any permutations (I found a
way to undo the twist with 10 twists of the types you showed in the video)
but might work as a shortcut.

Best regards,
Joel Karlsson

PS. The included picture shows such a move around the brown face.[image:
Infogad bild 1]