Message #3436

From: zhulama@gmail.com
Subject: Re: 3^4 solved
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 01:10:33 -0700

Most "TAGs" used are 13.56MHz (also used for NFC on cellphones), they work via near field and the range is very limited - up to 10cm with normal equipment (up to 3-4cm with bad quality and cellphones) and perhaps 20cm or more with specialized equipment and HUGE antennas, those transponders are inside your passport, ID, credit card etc. Then you have sticker transponders on books in library that also use 13.56MHz, but they use far field so they can work up to couple of meters when used with huge antennas (like the ones you pass by when you get out of the store and alarm sounds off if you stole something). Then there are UHF tags that can work up to 20 or more meters. They are for industrial use and most of them won’t even work or they will lose a lot of range (or not even work) if you hold them in your hand, pocket etc. They are easily "detuned".

I gave MC5D a try, but there’s just to much cubes around so I lost interest as soon as I tried MC7D. I made a sketch of 5D cube with pen and paper so I’m currently trying to rearrange the cubes and tesseracts inside it to get more intuitive feeling about the cube. Thank you for the instruction link, I’ll definitively check it out!

—In 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com, <thermostatico@…> wrote :

Hi there,

Tagging things sounds real awesome. I’ve no idea how it works though – is there a range limit?

Great job with the 3^4, and even better (in my super-biased opinion) that you want to go solve even more higher-dimensional puzzles.
I’ll post this just in case you haven’t seen it: http://astr73.narod.ru/MC7D/instr.html http://astr73.narod.ru/MC7D/instr.html

3-click mode may be your thing.

Also, do give MC5D a try, just in case it works out. I will admit however that it feels slightly buggier in some cases, especially on the 3^5.