Message #3432

From: zhulama@gmail.com
Subject: 3^4 solved
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 01:15:35 -0700

Hi all, I’m an Electronics Engineer in early 30s from Croatia, I develop RFID devices mostly for access control, but sometimes for tagging garbage trucks, trash cans, places and even people!:D

I am one of many people who got inspired by Mathologers video and finally solved the Magic Tesseract. I did try to solve it couple of years ago, but I didn’t quite understand what was going on there. I only solved a it couple of days ago and it seems very intuitive right now. Next, I will try to solve 3^5 in MC7D. To me, MC7D looks a lot more intuitive than MC5D, however, I’m still having some difficulty understanding what is going on there, especially in twisting and turning the "cube".
To my understanding, 5D "cube" is made of 10 tesseracts and that should be the most important thing to solve it.
To my current understanding of MC7D projection of 5D cube is that on the screen there are 7 clusters of cubes with a hidden one "around" (like in MC4D) with each cluster containing 3x3x3 grid and every part of the grid containing 5 cubes one next to another. Out of those cubes, the ones on the left and on the right are actually two whole tesseracts while 3 cubes on the inside are other stickers of those tesseracts. Ctrl-clicking can change the projection so things move around…

It didn’t "click in" yet, but I’m sure I’ll get there eventually. My biggest problem with MC7D software is that even when I know what I want to turn, I start clicking on the little cubes trying to do what I want to do, but something else "turns" and I can’t seem to grasp what is going on there; it’s not as intuitive as MC4D version where you just right click for clockwise and left click for CCW.

Some instructions in "help" section would be nice, is there some extra info on the web that I can read to finally understand it? I don’t have as much spare time as I used to so any help is appreciated.