Message #3323

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Greetings
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2016 14:41:54 -0700

I should be clear that I’m not strongly encouraging anyone to attempt
the 120 cell as it involves a tremendous amount of tedium. It’s just a
special object that seems to really grab some people. You’ve got a good
idea to start with the dodecahedral prism first. Surprisingly there are
many fewer solutions to to that than the 120 cell. Only two solutions
<http://wiki.superliminal.com/wiki/Dodecahedral_Prism> for each of edge
lengths 2 and 3. They also look very odd when fully scrambled. Try to
guess what they will look like before you scramble them if you haven’t
seen that already. If you go looking for a really hard 4D puzzle, the
face-turning 24 cell
<http://wiki.superliminal.com/wiki/MPUlt_24-cell_Puzzles> is the one
that immediately comes to mind. You’d probably want to warm up with some
smaller deep-cut puzzles before tackling that monster.