Message #2973

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] RE: MagicTile Solving
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 14:15:38 -0800

Some of the best puzzles have challenged your engine. Maybe trying to
find new puzzles that will break it will uncover some more!

I did the face-twisting {4,12} 12-color F0:0:0.8 and it was sort of
interesting in that I think it really has one vertex, not four. I worked
it by putting the vertex in the center of the view which turned it into
a sort of 1-dimensional puzzle with 12 pizza-like slices in a circle. I
just shuttled pieces from one slice to other around the vertex and
ignored the rest which is really just copies of the vertex I was working
on. My solution was 150 twists though I’m sure you could get that closer
to 20 or so if you really tried.

-Melinda