Message #2331

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: Hyperbolic Honeycomb {7,3,3}
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:13:51 -0500

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 1:02 AM, Melinda Green wrote:

> Wow! I guessed I missed the picture too. That is gorgeous!
> So how does this get sliced into a twisty puzzle, and does that happen
> in 2D or 3? :-)
> -Melinda

I have no idea about twisty puzzle slicing! And as the picture is a 2D
slice of an H3 tiling, I’m not sure the answer to the section question
either.

Since links weren’t coming through correctly before (using the gmail link
feature), here is the URL for the other link on recursive circle
inversions, with a few more pretty pictures…

http&#58;//roice3.blogspot.com/2012/07/recursive-circle-inversions.html

The study had a Rubik-analogue motivation behind the scenes, as usual :) I
was attempting to find an analogue for a fractal Rubik’s Cube, which you
started a thread on some time ago here:

http&#58;//games.groups.yahoo.com/group/4D&#95;Cubing/message/854

I imagine something where the nested circles twist recursively. I haven’t
been able to tame the right idea, but still hope there may be some elegant
approach.

Cheers,
Roice