Message #2053

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: Super Puzzle Sunday!
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 12:04:13 -0500

Ah, sorry I hadn’t fully followed and switched over to your terminology. I
think everything I wrote still applies ok, as long as "piece" and "sticker"
are interpreted correctly.

I like either of the terms "element" or "piece" to mean "a connected set of
stickers". I personally dislike using the term "piece" to mean "sticker",
since the latter feels much less ambiguous. Things could definitely be
confusing since we were taking "piece" to mean different things! I’m
curious if any of the twistypuzzle members can comment on what the standard
terminology might be? I’d like to use any commonly accepted terms.

As for why Nan hasn’t solved the E1:0:1 cube, only he could say, but maybe
he just hasn’t decided to try that one yet since there are so many
choices. I think it should be a solvable, and hopefully interesting puzzle.

seeya,
Roice