Message #1983

From: Eduard <baumann@mcnet.ch>
Subject: Re: Dioctipoid
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 12:03:30 -0000

Here are two pictures for the proposition to make an "augmented 24 cell
FT". I know it is not possible to make this simply with a configuration
file.

augmented facesides
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/4D_Cubing/photos/album/1024626325/pic/121<br> 0220095/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc>

augmented subcorners
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/4D_Cubing/photos/album/1024626325/pic/182<br> 804698/view?picmode=medium&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&dir=asc>

— In 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com, "Eduard" <baumann@…> wrote:

> Dioctipoid is a very pleasent rotational mechanical puzzle equivalent
to a face turning octahedron. Dioctipoid is written on the edge elements
as an ambigramm so the edge elements are not oriented. The ambigramm is
not necessary because these elements cannot return home with the wrong
orientation. By coloring the face turning octahedron normally we have
oriented corners, oriented edges and monocolored sides which are hence
partially anonymous and not oriented. I propose to add to colored point
in the corner of the triangular sticker of each side element which is
the same as the color of the neighbouring side element on the other
octahedron side. So the side elements become unique and oriented.