Message #1977

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: hemi-puzzles!
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:59:21 -0600

Hi all,

I added some hemi-puzzles, all ones we haven’t seen before. The
hemi-dodecahedron and hemi-cube are not new, but I made them vertex turning
this time. There are also hemi-octahedron and hemi-icosahedron puzzles
now. All of these have the topology of the projective plane.

I also stumbled upon a {3,5} 8-Color puzzle. The coloring is not
symmetrical (like the {8,3} 10-Color and some of the other hyperbolic
puzzles). It turns out to have 8 faces, 10 edges, and 4 vertices, so the Euler
Characteristic <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler_characteristic> shows it
has the topology of a sphere. I’ll try to write a little more about this
8C puzzle soon.

You can download the latest by clicking
here<http://www.gravitation3d.com/magictile/downloads/MagicTile_v2_Preview.zip>
.