Message #1872

From: schuma <mananself@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: 120-cell solved…
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 19:05:08 -0000

Hi Andrey,

Hmm, a simplified 600-cell! That looks interesting. I noticed the keyword "Simplified" in the puzzle definition file. That option not only reduces the full 600-cell to something tractable, but also makes puzzles like 4D_ET and 4D_RT enjoyable. The simplified 4D_ET and 4D_RT has a similar number of pieces as 3^4. I remember I talked with Brandon about 4D_RT. I think his initial guess of 4D_RT should be essentially this simplified version. Maybe it’s worthwhile to add a checkbox for this option in the main interface to make it easier to toggle between the full puzzle and the simplified puzzle.

The simplified 600-cell has about 2000 pieces and is in the same level as the 120-cell. But I’m not sure if I want to attempt it. I remember the VT 600-cell with only trivial tips is complicated enough…

Nan