Message #1864

From: deustfrr <thermostatico@gmail.com>
Subject: 3^5 solved!
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 20:34:59 -0000

Hi, I have just solved the 3^5 puzzle! Btw I am not twelve anymore but thirteen years old. I used the Sheerin-Zhao hybrid method, which is analogous to the Fridrich method for the normal cube, basically meaning pairs of nc and n+1c are made, then there’s an orientation and permutation step for the last layer.
A few hard parts were basically where 5c pieces were involved, lol.
Thanks to Roice for writing the program and Matthew who unknowingly helped make the method I used. Also thanks to Nan who tried to help me with the last piece, (I figured it out myself.)
Also, typing on the iPod is so fun!
Lastly, since my dad now works at home on the computer, I’m not sure how far I can go with these puzzles anymore. My goal, in order, is to solve the 120-cell, the 4^5, and the. 5^5.