Message #1592

From: Nan Ma <mananself@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Latch Cube
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:16:31 -0400

Hi Eduard,

Here is some discussion about solving the latch cube.

http://twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18752

I have never seen a good estimation for the number of reachable positions. I
only know that the superflip position (all edges are in place, but flipped)
is nonreachable. I guess the space of reachable positions is so large that
one cannot fully describe the graph. An interesting question is, how many
orbits are there for the edges. Note that this number depends on whether the
corners are ignored or required to be solved, because the parity of the
corners determines the parity of the edges.

Nan