Message #1582

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: {6,3}, 16 colors, factor=1.4 solved!
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 00:58:13 -0000

Terrible beast! I’ve cheated a little in the begining - remembered colors of centers before shuffle, so I didn’t care about possible parity errors caused by wrong center selection or wrong orientation. The best way to solve for me was to start from 3C pieces, then 2C, then 4-corner 1C, then centers and finish by small triangles. For triangles there exists 22-twist sequence that makes 3-cycle (in 15 variants), but setup twists are difficult to find and remember. And I afraid that there were many mistakes in my solving that pushed me back from the solution.
Anyway, deep-cut puzzle is solved. In 5176 twists :D

Andrey