Message #1417

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Spams on Superliminal wiki
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:58:41 -0800

Wow, that’s pretty rude of people to use our wiki in an attempt to boost
their Google rankings. I found four more such pages and deleted them. I
did that by hitting the "random page" link a bunch of times. Clearly
that’s not a solution. I don’t know how to ban or otherwise deal with
this problem short of requiring people to create accounts or something.
If anyone knows more about how to protect against people creating spam
pages, please let me know.

Thanks for noticing this, Nan.
-Melinda