Message #1367

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] MS5D v0.1
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 00:09:37 -0000

Roice,
thank you for the feedback! I’ll check and fix what you mentioned.

As for the 4D rotation, the reason is that there is no equivalent to it in MC4D. When you shift-move camera in MC4D, it is like pan/tilt of camera (changing of camera direction while position is unchanged). In MS5D (and in the common 4D viewer with "3D retina") we need alternative rotation around the point of view: when 4D camera goes around this point and 4D spectator looks at the same 4D object from the different side. I’ve desided that we need such navigation feature and that it’s more useful than 4D pan/tilt. May be I’m wrong. May be it will be better to move this rotation to Alt key and use Shift for 4D pan.

Andrey