Message #1129

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: mc5d solved
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 22:10:14 -0700

Good point about the different log formats. I’d start the contest at
some mutually agreed time by providing a starting scrambled log file
that everyone would start with. If you wanted to use your software I’d
give you time to write the converter before starting the contest. 6
hours is a lot of effort though. I was thinking that the 2^5 would be a
more reasonably sized puzzle and that would force you to probably use
Roice’s program anyway.

Regarding the shortests lists, Roice could maintain just the current
shortests records like I do and maybe Remi would remain our historian.
As always this is all up to whatever various individuals feel motivated
to take on. For my part my offer stands to run a speedsolving contest
whenever 3 or more people declare that they’re ready to participate
using any mutually agreeable puzzle definition. 2^5 anyone? Or 2^4? 3^4?
Just chime in if you’re ready or know when you will be.

-Melinda