Message #818

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: I’d love to see a cubing tournament
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 19:17:09 -0800

This video
<http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3720298/rubiks_cube_championships/> makes
me want to watch the action in person, and especially to attend their
parties. They make one of the nerdliest activities actually look cool.
Perhaps there is hope for us yet! I’m also ready to run a speed-solving
contest for the 2^4 or 3^4 if three or more of you commit to
participating. For the newer list members, you should know that Remi is
very fast and so if anyone wants, I’m willing to schedule such an event
for a month or two from now so that you can practice your hyper
speed-solving methods. Just let me know and I’ll let you know if we get
a quorum.

-Melinda