Message #820

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] feedback
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:36:44 -0600

Hi Kyle,

I updated the issue for you, to mark it as an enhancement request.

Usefulness and fun are both high priorities for the design, in addition to
elegance (in my experience, all these design metrics tend to be
correlated). I’m a little surprised that you find the current designs
deficient in these respects (especially the 4D design), but of course each
user will have a different experience. So I’m glad you recorded your
thoughts in the new issue.

To weigh in on your question about macros, I personally don’t find them
necessary in 4D and tend to not use them (though I did use them on my last
solve, mainly for testing, and found it quite convenient). In 5D, I can’t
imagine attempting a solution without them. In any case, even when using
macros for standard sequences, my solution approach still involves lots of
non-macro twisting for setup moves…

Roice