Message #758

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] MC4D 4.0 is really fantastic!
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 10:32:27 -0600

For the record, I think the permutation count formulas have been some of
the richest contributions to the group :D They are definitely as helpful
and important as the many other ways people have chosen to help out. Like
Melinda said, it definitely takes a village!

I haven’t heard back from anyone on piece counting yet, so I think those
problems are still open if you’d like to play with any of them. I bet a
general formula for the number of pieces on any {n}x{m} duoprism would be
fun to work through, and it would cover a great many of the puzzles in the
list! There is also a known problem for large n or m on even
length duoprism puzzles, and so having such a formula would help us be able
to know what exactly that cutoff is that people shouldn’t go past.

All the best,
Roice