Message #742

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Few small additions to the MC4D java program
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:56:34 -0700

Hello Roman,

Thanks for the contributions! An important part of making this an open
source project is get community help with the code. Unfortunately there
are a couple problems with this method. First is the fact that the code
base has changed a lot in this new version. We can take a look at what
you’ve done and maybe move some of the code or ideas into the latest
version.

In future, I encourage other developers to do the same but please follow
this pattern:
1) always build against the very latest trunk version.
2) create patch files of your changes, (one patch per issue, please)
3) attach those patch files to the appropriate issue in the issue
tracking system along with comments that explain what it does and
specifies the revision number that it was built against.

If your patch does not relate to an existing bug or feature request in
the issue tracker, then just create one.

Also, I was not able to read your jar file. Maybe it didn’t upload
correctly. In any case, please just send it to me off-line and see if
you can get a build environment synchronized with the magiccube4d Google
Code repository <http://code.google.com/p/magiccube4d/source/checkout>.

Thanks!
-Melinda