Message #727

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Announcing MagicCube4D version 4.0 beta ready for download!
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:18:52 -0700

Hello Jay!

How is everything with you?

Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com> wrote:
>

>> Here it is, the puzzle you’ve been waiting for: the first beta release
>> of MC4D version 4.0! You can get it now from the project’s Downloads
>> page here:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/magiccube4d/downloads/list
>>
>> Bookmark that page because that will be where you will find all future
>> versions too.
>>

> This is breathtaking. Now I’m going to have to quit my job so I can
> spend all my time playing with it! Not sure what to do about those
> pesky bills though.

Hey, if I quit my job just to implement it, it’s the least you can do! ;-)
Actually this was only one of many reasons but I’m still very glad that
you like it.

> I’ve tried this in Linux, and although it starts up okay, it doesn’t
> really run, at least my system. I’ll go through the issue tracker with
> details.

OK, well at least it’s a start. What exactly happens when you attempt a
twist? Does it get any better if you uncheck "Allow Antialiasing"?

> Who knows….maybe I’ll end up, 11 years after my initial
> involvement, once again helping to get it smooth on Linux! I’m half
> joking though – it’s in Java, so I don’t anticipate a problem. It’s
> probably an issue of 3D graphics drivers or something along those lines.

Has it really been 11 years?! You sure were a godsend the last time
around when we were stuck with code that was too much of a mess to clean
or release. It sure would be wonderful to see you getting involved
again. The code is *much* cleaner now.

Looking forward to at least seeing you take one of the new "firsts" prizes!

Happy puzzling!
-Melinda