Message #728

From: Anthony Deschamps <anthony.j.deschamps@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Announcing MagicCube4D version 4.0 beta ready for download!
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:47:06 -0400

I’m very impressed. Thank you so much.

I love the freedom to rotate the puzzle through the fourth dimension without
having to ctr click a face. And even though I keep thinking that the undo
shortcut will affect the rotation of the entire puzzle, like in the previous
version, it’s nice to be able to undo/redo moves and see how they affect
other parts of the puzzle.

I agree with what others have said about the colour scheme, and I think the
system you described would work pretty well. However, sometimes distinctive
colours aren’t enough. I think you should consider implementing some sort
of piece finding functionality, either like in MC5D or the 120 Cell, which
are both useful functions. This would really help when solving puzzles with
many faces.

It’s a good think I’m only in high school and therefore have a decent amount
of free time, because I’m really enjoying this new program.

–Anthony