Message #726

From: Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Announcing MagicCube4D version 4.0 beta ready for download!
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:04:27 -0400

Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com> wrote:

> Here it is, the puzzle you’ve been waiting for: the first beta release
> of MC4D version 4.0! You can get it now from the project’s Downloads
> page here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/magiccube4d/downloads/list
>
> Bookmark that page because that will be where you will find all future
> versions too.

This is breathtaking. Now I’m going to have to quit my job so I can
spend all my time playing with it! Not sure what to do about those
pesky bills though.

I’ve tried this in Linux, and although it starts up okay, it doesn’t
really run, at least my system. I’ll go through the issue tracker with
details. Who knows….maybe I’ll end up, 11 years after my initial
involvement, once again helping to get it smooth on Linux! I’m half
joking though – it’s in Java, so I don’t anticipate a problem. It’s
probably an issue of 3D graphics drivers or something along those lines.

–Jay