Message #719

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Announcing MagicCube4D version 4.0 beta ready for download!
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 18:00:04 -0700

Here it is, the puzzle you’ve been waiting for: the first beta release
of MC4D version 4.0! You can get it now from the project’s Downloads
<http://code.google.com/p/magiccube4d/downloads/list> page here:

         http&#58;//code.google.com/p/magiccube4d/downloads/list

Bookmark that page because that will be where you will find all future
versions too.

For questions, discussion, and general feedback during the beta phase,
please reply to this message ("to all" or just to Roice or me) or send
new messages to the list. If you think you have found a bug, please
check the issue tracker (under the Issues
<http://code.google.com/p/magiccube4d/issues/list> tab). Note that you
will need to log into a gmail account in order to create new issues. We
will be happy to also add you as an official contributor
<http://code.google.com/p/magiccube4d/people/list> to the project if you
like though you won’t need to do that to use the issue tracker. Just
send your gmail address to Roice for him to add it the project.

We are using a Wiki for documentation and listing records, but decided
not to use the project’s Wiki since that requires a gmail membership to
edit, so I’ve added a Wiki to the Superliminal site for this purpose.
Check out the main page <http://wiki.superliminal.com/wiki/MagicCube4D>
and be sure to read the release notes
<http://wiki.superliminal.com/wiki/MC4D_4.0_Release_Notes>. You should
post your firsts and shortest on the records page
<http://wiki.superliminal.com/wiki/MC4D_Records>.

Finally, here’s a snapshot to give you a taste of what is available.
Happy puzzling; now get to work and try to claim one of the record
firsts! :-)