Message #244

From: David Vanderschel <DvdS@Austin.RR.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Workable 3^5 Posted
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 20:02:52 -0500

On Monday, May 15, "Roice Nelson" <roice@gravitation3d.com> wrote:
> … I just wanted to make a quick reply to this that I also
>hope no one will want to move the 5D discussion to a separate group. This
>feels like the right place for these topics to me too.

The concern about moving the discussion seems
unfounded to me. Is _anyone_ seriously proposing it?
This sort of extension was anticipated when we formed
the Group. Indeed, the first sentence of the Group’s
description states, "The 4D_Cubing Group is a Group
for people interested in higher dimensional analogues
of the Rubik’s Cube puzzle." The "4D" in the name was
just a quick way of indicating something beyond 3D.
You can’t hope to capture every aspect of a Group’s
raison d’etre in its short name. (Would anyone have
liked "nD_Cubing_where_n_is_greater_than_3"? :)

Regards,
David V.