Message #168

From: thesamer <thesamer@interia.pl>
Subject: Re: From Remigiusz Durka : 4x4x4x4
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:31:00 +0200

Hello to all!

I’ve just solved 4x4x4x4! Program counted 2360…
I HOPE [;))))))))))] it is the shortest solution of 4x4x4x4

Could someone check number of twists? I would be very gratefull…

It took me 1,5 h - after I managed with situation I’ve showed on 4D Cubing- to solve corners. Everything was going with my plan: 2000 moves to the end of edges (I did 1998;) and 350 on corners (i did 362;). Anyway it doesn’t went so easy I’ve planed…It took me a lot of time…and nerves (Yeah …sometime it was a living hell when the pair was fliped or was on a diffrent place. .During stage with edges I had to make quite big sequece because I had to connect all three edges in their correct orientation and position ;)

My solve is based on Roice solution:

1) Centres
2) Blue cross (intuition;)
3) Central crosses (using one or two of the algoritms from 4x4x4; to make centres:). On the end I had only one arm left to solve..but two 2C pieces where fliped against the otheres..)Thanks to Guy’s help I managed with last arm of cross…
4) Edges (I used First 3C and Second 3C Sequences to put paired edge into correct place…So it took me about 4 moves to combine the edge (I called them "setup moves") mostly on TOP face, use prelimary moves and 8 moves to put it in to safe place (of course then back prelimary and setup moves) :) It was quite effective…After 360 moves counted by program I had all edges with green color in correct places and with good orientation!!! As I mentioned also in the end this metod was problem…Combine all nine 3Colored pieces and using II 3C (oh..my specific vocabulary ;)) is not so easy…I had to paired them mixed on the cube in exact order so after making II 3C (also III 3C) and undo prelimary and undo setup moves. Anyway it took me 910 moves (counted by program) to solve all edges.
5) Corners..yeah… that is I like the most ;)

I’ve never solved usual 4x4x4 ;) so it was quite new to make pairs…and have parity problem.

Now I must try to solve 4x4x4 ;))). I hope I can solve this ;)

Ps. During solving 4x4x4x4 I came up on sentence: "4x4x4x4 is only a little less complicated that woman…"
I’m really afraid of 5x5x5x5…

Bye to all,
RemiQ