Message #25

From: David Vanderschel <DvdS@Austin.RR.com>
Subject: Fwd: Re: [MC4D] slashdot web traffc
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 20:26:03 -0000

Date: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:02 pm

— In MC4D@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Hayes" <swedishlf@h…> wrote:
Sorry! I thought you guys would’ve known about it! hehehe. Well at
any
rate, that’s the most active group I know of on Yahoo about cubing,
though
I’m also a member of the blindfolded solving site (a feat I have yet
accomplish), but would be quite fitting for the members here, I
believe.
Also, if you’re into twisty puzzles of the 3rd dimensional physical
genre,
then I might suggest the megaminx, I just got mine and I love it,
it’s quite
fun. Check it out on www.mefferts.com, or any other twisty retailer
(sadly
rubik’s doesn’t make one though).

Any way, one of the bright fellows of on speedsolving group is going
to try
to apply the petrus system for the MC4D. If you’re not familiar with
it,
check out Lars Petrus Cubing in google. It’s going to be tough, but
I also
think it’ll be pretty effient.

Regards!
Daniel

>From: Melinda Green <melinda@s…>
>To: MC4D@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [MC4D] slashdot web traffc
>Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 02:56:31 -0700
>
>daniel,
>
>thanks for talking it up on the speedsolving group. so why didn’t
you tell
>us
>about them?!!
>looks like there are several other rubik-related groups. i got 14
when
>searching
>in yahoo groups for the term "rubik". perhaps you’ll alert them as
well?

>thanks again,
>-melinda
>
>Daniel Hayes wrote:
>
> > Those are some pretty impressive numbers! I can’t wait until the
>solutions
> > start rolling in. The link cause quite a stir on the
speedsolvingrubiks
> > yahoo group, of which I am a member. I’ve been trying to get them
> > interested for a while now! Looks like the link did the trick.
> >
> > This is great, I can’t wait to see some of the new approaches to
the
>puzzle.
> > It’s been a while since I worked on it though, maybe I should
give it
> > another shot :)
> >
> > Great job Roice!

— End forwarded message —