Message #3956

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: Notation
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 11:30:57 -0600

Hi Ed,

Welcome!

Things have never been as organized (w.r.t. definitions or a solution
guide) for MC5D, so I think the answer to your question about "a single set
of of agreed upon definitions" is, unfortunately, nope. If you run across
specific terms you’d like clarified, I’m sure folks will be happy to
discuss. In any case, it sounds like you are on a good track… you are
exactly right that you’ll need some 5-color sequences to finish things off,
which you can build recursively from the 4-color sequences. Here is a
somewhat recent post that gathers together a few other posts about solving
MC5D. I hope it is helpful.

About the stereo vision, I find that feature more of a fun thing, and not
so useful for an actual solve.

One other thing I thought I’d mention. I haven’t solved MC5D using
Andrey’s MC7D, but some folks prefer that presentation, so it might be
something to consider as well.

Best of luck!
Roice