Message #3912

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Speedcubing physical 2^4
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 15:43:19 -0800

On 1/3/2018 10:14 AM, Joel Karlsson joelkarlsson97@gmail.com [4D_Cubing] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’ve just completed a little speedcubing session with the physical
> 2^4. With my current (updated) method the solve time is usually 4-5
> mins and my personal best is 3:50.83. I wonder how my method compares
> to the other ones out there. Have any of you timed a solve? What’s
> your fastest solve?

Hey, that’s pretty fast! It’s only about twice the time it takes me to simply reassemble the puzzle. That’ll be pretty funny when speedcubing times drop below reassembly times!

> Best regards,
> Joel
>
> PS. I haven’t posted the details of my solution yet, sorry for the
> delay, but I’ll make sure to write it up in the next couple of days.

How do you plan to handle puzzle orientation? Initially we’d been holding the puzzle in a left-right orientation, but recently people have been finding it more natural to orient it vertically. Maybe what’s most natural depends upon the types of moves each person uses the most.

-Melinda