Message #3772

From: okko.manninen@phnet.fi
Subject: Re: One way to solve the 5-D cube
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 08:12:57 +0000

I had few pieces unsolved but I thought they wouldn’t matter since they were in the corners and they didn’t have other 4-colored pieces next to them. I thought I could just put 5-colored pieces next to them next but it didn’t work that way.
All I had to do was place all 4-colored pieces correctly before moving on.

My approach was similar to solving 4x4 cube. First you combine similar pieces and then you finish the cube like 3x3.
Same tactic works with the 3^5. First you combine pieces that belong together and then you solve it like 3^4.

I had just wrote longer text but I accidentally erased it all while writing on phone. I hope this still answers your question.